I've been using WSL2 to develop Drupal sites for some months now, and has been a surprise to me how well it works. I have native Linux speed and great tools (I use Sublime through X server and VS Code).
I'm using the game bar to create quick screencasts. The only problem is that the videos are too big to show only a few clicks. So, to quickly optimize a video for sharing I need to transcode it as easy as possible.
I normally work on different and very active projects in several testing environments. I needed a simple and fast way to generate visual regression tests between them, or even to just to compare my local environment to an integration server. However, it was cumbersome to edit backstop configuration files frequently just to change servers, thus I created a tool that simplifies the task a lot:
I started having some issues when using git inside a Linux VM while setting up an experimental Drupal development environment. I wasn't able to clone repositories because I was getting some errors saying the remote host hanged unexpectedly, or couldn't push changes. However I was able to clone shallow repos, but strangely Bitbucket and Gitlab seemed to be more prone to these errors.
Recently I wrote on how I replaced my MacBook Pro with a PC and still being productive when developing on several Drupal environments.While Pop_OS! is a wonderful Linux distro, I decided to give Windows a try. The primary reasons were the usual: hardware.
Last time I tried to create from scratch a Drupal instance that used a Solr server wasn’t as easy as I expected. Maybe command line tools for installing modules have spoiled me and I just expected that running something like drupal module:install solr would configure everything for me.
Here is how I made it work, but please consider I’m not a Solr expert. If you know a better way to do this please let me know.